Kia Profits Jump Nearly 70 Percentage Points in Q2
At the end of July, Kia posted a consolidated net profit of 1.1-trillion Korean won (approximately $1-billion), for Q2 2011, exceeding forecasts by 187-billion Korean won (about $178-million). Talk about impressive! Achieving even 913-billion Korean won would have been noteworthy. And, to top it all off, in the U.S. alone, Kia succeeded in gaining nearly one full percent of market share in Q2.
The message is simple, Kia is gaining traction among consumers worldwide and they're doing so at an incredibly rapid rate. Among the cars contributing to the South Korean automaker's apparent upswing are the Kia Optima sedan and Kia Sportage SUV. Response for the vehicles has actually been so strong here in the states, that Kia has revised their annual U.S. sales goal. They're also contemplating moving production of the Optima to the U.S.
2011 Kia Optima At a Glance- Awards/Accolades: Top 5 Family Cars that Dads Love Too (AutoTrader.com), Red Dot Design Award - Best of the Best, Top Ten Best Buy (Auto A Fondo), 2011 Editor's Most Wanted (Edmunds' Inside Line), 5-Star Overall Crash Safety Rating (NHTSA)
- Engine: 4-cylinder, DOHC
- Horsepower: 274 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Torque: 269 ft.-lbs. @ 4,2500 rpm
- Fuel Economy: 22 mpg city/34 mpg highway to 24 mpg city/34 mpg highway (depending on trim)
- Trims Available: LX M/T, LX A/T, EX, EX Turbo, SX
2012 Kia Sportage At a Glance- Awards/Accolades: IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK
- Engine: 4-cylinder, DOHC with Continuously Variable Valve Timing (CVVT)
- Horsepower: 176 hp @ 6,000 rpm
- Torque: 260 ft.-lbs. @ 4,000 rpm
- Fuel Economy: 21 mpg city/26 mpg highway to 22 mpg city/39 mpg highway (depending on trim)
- Trims Available: Base, LX, EX, SX
Interested in learning more about either the Kia Optima, Kia Sportage or any other new Kia or used car available at Lokey Kia? Contact us today. Or, visit us at 27960 U.S. Hwy 19N, Clearwater, FL 33761.